The holiday season is among us once again, so it’s important to do our best to protect our teeth and gums. Limit the sweets and treat your mouth to the gift of a great smile. To keep your teeth healthy during the holiday season, avoid unnecessary risks that could potentially harm them.
Our team at Lake City Way Dental Center wants you to keep your mouth shining for many seasons to come. Following are some suggestions for your smile:
- The holiday season can be stressful at times, but don’t resort to biting on your nails, which can fracture your teeth.
- If you are considering have your tongue pierced, many metal bars and brackets used for cosmetic piercings can easily crack or chip your teeth.
- Try to avoid chewing on ice this winter. Ice cubes, hard snow, and icicles can all crack, chip, or damage your teeth.
- As candy canes become larger and larger, the risk of tooth damage becomes greater and greater.
- If you are considering sports such as ice skating, skiing, or hockey, always remember to wear a mouth guard.
- Hard candies are a staple of most holiday treats, so be cautious when biting into them, or you may suffer an oral accident.
Take care of your teeth and gums this holidays season, and they will reward you with many more joyous seasons to come. To make an appointment with Dr. Obiora E. Nkwonta, please call 206.363.1828 in Seattle, Washington. Come in today and receive the gift of a healthier smile!